About Peer-to-Peer Consulting Sessions
Straight talk with someone who understands where you are in your business, what you want to accomplish, and the hurdles you encounter along that path. A person who has been where you are, and who knows how to help you and your business move forward.
Each session includes:
- Two hours of consulting time with me.
- Can be split into two 1-hour meetings.
- Takes place by video call or in-person meeting.
- Book sessions as you need support.
- Cost = $250.00.
Peer-to-Peer Session Success Stories
- One client came to me seeking new opportunities for their product. I recommended a key niche conference that was ideal for their brand. I also recommended the speakers and exhibitors to network with at the event. Result? The client uncovered a profitable market eager to buy their product. National in scope which matches with the client’s goals for their product. Plus, several exhibitors now plan to distribute the client’s product to their customer base.
- Another client felt they were “not a writer”. While not a writer, this client had volumes of expert knowledge to share with her followers. She also understood the value of text content on a website for higher search ranking. She was stuck on how to deliver her information. I provided her with a custom template she could use to prepare her blog articles – a simple guide to structure her knowledge which worked perfectly for sparking the hidden writer inside of her.
- Most clients have many ideas they want to turn into reality. This is a common characteristic of a business owner or entrepreneur. The challenge when you’re a small business is the burden of success rests solely on you (or a small team) which means you can suffer from tunnel vision, lose your objectivity, and that can make it difficult to decide which ideas to work on first. Several of my clients come to me multiple times each year to work through this particular issue. I bring an objective view point paired with experience in ways many companies, answer questions, and guide them to prioritize the next steps.
How Expert Support Moves Your Business Forward
When you’re a business owner or leader, perhaps the only employee in your small business, you can find yourself in a vacuum when it comes to having peers with experience and knowledge to talk with.
At large corporations the top leadership is composed of multiple people with vast amounts of experience and knowledge. They work together on the issues impacting their companies. They have skilled staff working for them. Plus financial resources to involve issue-specific experts when needed. But for small businesses things are different.
Small businesses rely on the energy of their owners, often start as side-gigs, and frequently run on a shoe string of financial and expertise resources. You get into small business because you have a product or service that you love and do well, but the surrounding aspects of business operation can trip you up.
You know you need answers. Finding them is what is tricky. You might turn to the Internet, searching for advice to make a decision. Or ask a fellow small business owner for advice. They may not have experience in that particular topic. Or they may share advice that worked for them, but is not tailored to your needs.
For example, on multiple occasions people have offered me financial advice relating to how to form my business’ legal structure, how to pay myself, and where to find business. In all cases those individuals have been well-meaning but gave me the wrong recommendations. Why? They provided advice that worked for them, but did not have the training to identify my unique situation and what would work for me.
These issues are the reason I offer Peer-to-Peer Consulting Sessions. Because I have been working with small businesses like yours for more than 30 years, I bring knowledge and experience to point you in the best possible direction. Guidance that is based on your unique situation and an understanding of the options available to you.
Common Topics We Address
In Peer-to-Peer Sessions we focus on current issues, challenges, or hurdles you’re facing. The types of challenges that make you feel like you’re spinning your wheels.
My goal is to get you past those hurdles so you can keep moving forward. I’ll provide concrete actions and solutions that you can use right away.
Examples of topics commonly discussed during peer-to-peer sessions:
- How to finance new business ventures
- Tips for launching a new product or service
- Review of new marketing materials
- Challenges with getting your message out
- How to pivot your business and marketing quickly
Explore more of the topics I can help you with:
- Review the topics included in The Art of Content Marketing Course
- Read the Key Ways I Help page
- Browse the Resources section
In your session we can address any of the topics you see covered on these pages. Taking them deeper and more customized on the unique characteristics of your current situation.
How it Works
Submit the form to request a session.
I’ll respond with an email requesting any details I’d like to have in advance. Then we’ll get your call scheduled.
Calls take place via video call (or in-person meeting for clients in the South Central Pennsylvania region).
Once you confirm participation you’ll receive an invoice for your session by email. The fee is $250.00 per session. Payment can be made by check, credit card, ACH bank transfer and PayPal. Payment is due prior to your session.
Consulting sessions are accommodated based on availability.
Are You a New Client?
If you’re new to working with us please start with an Intro Call first. You will still bring a current issue you’re working on to the call, but the structure of that session is designed to help me get to know you so I can provide the best, most targeted advice for your current situation. Plus, Intro Calls have a lower fee (just $95) and the cost of the call can be applied to your next project with me, whether it’s The Art of Content Marketing Course, a Peer-to-Peer Session, or Project-Based Support.